Work In Progress Tag: I found this tag on Trynda E. Adair’s youtube channel. Check it out here 🙂
1. What is the working title of your book?
Here and Away. It’s a play on abstract locations and the names of the two main characters.
2. Where did the idea come from for your book?
My dad used to tell me a bed time story when I was 3-4 about two brothers out on a quest for a magical stone, one brother was good and one was bad. The moral of the story is good always triumphs over evil. In my story, much like real life, evil isn’t that easy to vanquish and my story bloomed from that story.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
4. Which actors would you choose to play in your movie rendition?
I honestly haven’t thought of actors or specific people to play my characters, in my head I see physical characteristics: Away has a scruffy face. Maybe if Norman Reedus (The Boondocks Saints/The Walking Dead) and Matt Bomer (American Horror Story: Hotel/The Normal Heart) had a love child, that would be what Away would look like.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Two brothers embark on a journey to stop an apocalyptic plague from devastating the world.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self-published. I love doing everything myself, from formatting ebook settings to cover design. I love the self-publishing process.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I wrote draft 1 during Nanowrimo 2016. I believe it took me 29 days, the last day I wrote an 8,000 word marathon.
8. What other books would you compare this story to?
9. Who or what inspired you to write the book?
The idea was inspired by the story my father used to tell me but other inspirations are all the urban fantasy tales that are around now that weren’t around when I was a teen. I wanted to write a story that my inner 16 year old would love.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
If you like stories within stories and snarky characters this book is for you 🙂